St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, formerly a part of St. Joseph’s College was established in the year 1882 as an educational initiative by the French foreign mission Fathers. In 1937, the management of the college was handed over to the Jesuits, a worldwide Catholic religious order with a special focus on education. Loyola College, Chennai, St. Xavier’s College Calcutta and St. Xavier’s College Mumbai are the other premier institutions in India run by the Jesuit Order. The Department of Commerce was established in the parent college in 1949. In 1972, this department became an independent college under the name St. Joseph’s College of Commerce. It is recognized under Section 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act. It became an autonomous institution in October 2004. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce was recognized as a “College with Potential for Excellence” in February 2010 by UGC.
The motto of the College is ‘Fide et Labore’ (‘Faith and Toil’), which serves as an inspiration behind the vision and mission of the college to give shape to a society full of all-inclusive minds to cater to the inherent diversity of our country.
The College has two well-equipped computer labs located in the first floor of the college building.
The college has 2 auditoriums to cater to the specification of various events
The SJCC Library is a fully Wi-Fi enabled unit with seating capacity for about 100 readers.
College has an integrated Wi-Fi facility to students and faculty members to provide access
The conference hall was built for the purpose of accommodating delegates during national