College Storia

College Storia

The NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates) is a crucial milestone for aspiring medical students in India. However, securing a seat in a reputable medical college doesn’t end with acing the exam, it involves navigating the NEET UG counselling process. In this blog, we’ll delve into the intricacies of the counselling process for both management quota seats and merit-based seats.

Understanding the NEET UG Counselling Process

The NEET UG counselling process is the gateway to securing admission to undergraduate medical courses (MBBS/BDS) across India. It is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% of All India Quota seats, while state counselling authorities manage the remaining 85% of state quota seats.

Candidates who meet the requirements must register, select a course and college, and pay the registration cost. The seats will be distributed based on the candidates’ selections, Admission in NEET PG or NEET UG is not easy NEET 2024 rank, seat availability, and reservation. There will be four rounds of the NEET AIQ counselling process in 2024,i.e., rounds 1, and 2, mop-up, and stray vacancy.

For admission to almost 1 lakh MBBS, 27,698 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, and 603 BVSc & AH seats, respectively, at 542 and 313 medical and dental institutes, NEET is the single entrance exam. 

On May 5, 2024, the NEET UG test was administered in pen and paper format. MCC will post the counselling schedule on its official website as soon as the authorities announce the NEET results.

Merit-Based Counselling Process

Registration: Candidates who qualify for NEET UG must register themselves on the MCC website or respective state counselling portals.

Choice Filling: After registration, candidates must fill in their choices of colleges and courses based on their NEET UG rank.

Seat Allotment: The MCC/state authorities allocate seats based on candidates’ NEET UG rank, preferences, and availability of seats.

Document Verification: Once allotted a seat, candidates must report to the designated colleges for document verification and admission.

Management Quota Counselling Process

In addition to the regular counselling process, some private and deemed universities reserve a percentage of seats under the management quota. The counselling process for management quota seats typically involves the following steps:

Notification: Private and deemed universities release notifications specifying the availability of management quota seats and the counselling schedule.

Application: Interested candidates must apply directly to the respective institutions for management quota seats, often accompanied by an application fee.

Screening: Institutes may conduct a screening process, which may include an interview or additional entrance test, to shortlist candidates for management quota seats.

Seat Allotment: Based on the screening process and merit, institutes allocate seats under the management quota to eligible candidates.

Fee Payment and Admission: Selected candidates must pay the prescribed fees and complete the admission formalities as per the institute’s guidelines.

Key Points to Remember

Candidates must stay updated with the counselling schedules and notifications released by MCC or state counselling authorities.

It’s crucial to carefully make choices during counselling to maximise the chances of securing a preferred college and course.

For management quota seats, candidates should thoroughly research the eligibility criteria and application process of respective institutions.

Conclusion

The NEET UG counselling process is a pivotal phase in the journey of aspiring medical professionals. Whether aiming for merit-based or management quota seats, understanding the intricacies of the counselling process is essential for securing admission to desired medical colleges. By staying informed, organized, and proactive, candidates can navigate this process with confidence and secure their path towards a fulfilling career in medicine. Collegestoria is a higher education counselling guidance provider that provides expert guidance for admission into top medical colleges in the country.

For admission assistance and professional help, visit Collegestoria.co.in

NEET UG Counselling Processes

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *