One of the favorite destinations for the medical study is India. India is known for its state-of-the-art educational facilities, training and research. Medical colleges in India are ranked among the top colleges in the world. Apart from that, India is a place known to provide a pleasant and safe environment for students. The cost of living also is very affordable as compared to other nations in the world. All these factors make India an interesting option for pursuing their MBBS degree in India.
You must first meet the qualifying requirements listed above in order to be considered for admission into the top medical colleges for MBBS, and you must then take part in state- or nationally-conducted entrance exams. As a result, passing the tests is required to secure a spot in MBBS. Consequently, passing this step is necessary in order to move on to the oral examination, and it is the first step. You need this to continue.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in India
If you are aspiring to become a doctor in India. There is an eligibility criterion that you must be wary of before making up your mind about seeking admission to this Undergraduate course:
- First of all, a candidate must be 17 years old and not more than 25.
- A student is also required to pass 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum percentile of 50% in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- You must fall under the eligibility criteria set by the National Medical Council, New Delhi.
- Lastly, you must pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). You must be very diligent in your studies to pass this entrance test. Without NEET-UG, you are not eligible to get admission to an MBBS program in India.
Duration of MBBS in India
- This course lasts for 5.5 years in India. First, 4 years are for theoretical classroom study and the last year is for internship.
- In case you want to pursue a PG Degree then you will require an additional 3 year.
- Lastly, Diploma courses only take 2 years.
Benefits of MBBS in India
- India is ranked among the top medical colleges/universities in the world.
- There are as many as 300 medical colleges in India. And among them, 180 are private institutions. Students as per their preference can choose among the best options.
- The number of seats available for MBBS is currently 75,000 and increasing.
- Medical colleges and universities in India are known for excellent infrastructure and world-class training facilities. Pursuing MBBS in India will come in handy for your overall growth.
- A candidate is made well-versed in clinical knowledge.
- The mode of education in Indian medical colleges is English, so students coming from different areas don’t have to worry about learning a new language.
- Attending international standard seminars, conferences and debates exposes the students to various opportunities.
- Tests Like IELTS and TOEFL are not necessary, you can easily get admission after NEET-UG.
- The MBBS syllabus followed by Universities in India is of global standard.
- After the completion of MBBS in India, a student is eligible to practice in any part of the world.
Being one of the most alluring options for a student, MBBS is in high demand. Finding a trusted organization that supports your professional development is crucial for young MBBS candidates. CollegStoria assists students in obtaining admission to prominent medical schools across India. To date, thousands of students have used CollegeStoria’s help to obtain an MBBS degree.